Brand: Luxy hair
Range of products: Hair extensions (Seamless, Halo, Clip-in Buns, etc.)
Country: Qingdao, China
CEO: Lulu Liang
Target market: US, UK, Canada, etc.
Date of establishment: 2011 (data from web.archive.org)
Photos of Luxy workshop
Luxy website list
Official store: luxyhair.com
Facebook store: facebook.com/LuxyHair/shop/
Hot Sale Product Types
- Seamless Hair Extensions
- Halo® Hair Extensions
- Clip-in Luxy Hair extensions
Coupons (promo code) for discount
$20 Off on Orders $100+ Sitewide:
Luxy Hair Coupon: Get $10 Off Sitewide :
How to use coupons
- Add the product into Cart;
- Click checkout & enter the coupon code like this:
Score in Trustpilot (4.4/5)
Score in Facebook (4.5/5)
Positive Reviews (most helpful)
“easy to wear”, “color match”
“best overall experience“
“replacement in two days“
Negative Reviews (most helpful)
“nice team but poor delivery“
“poor quality – three-month validity“
“hardly to cancel orders”
“Customer service is a joke“
“They’re an absolute scam“
Questions & Answers
Q&A – About Color
What if the selected color is not satisfied?
- Ask for opinion first. You can send an life photo (in natural lighting with no direct sunlight) to luxy ([email protected]) before purchasing.
- Free samples for you to compare colors, you only need to pay 10 dollars for shipping.
- 60 days returns (not only 30 or 45 days) and exchanges if the color doesn’t match.
Can I dye my hair extension?
The answer is yes cause that all Luxy hair products are human hair. But it is worth mentioning that all hair dyeing will cause more or less damage to the hair extension. Therefore, frequent non-essential hair coloring is not recommended.
If you must dye your hair, to minimize damage, please dye it to a color close to the original color of the hair extension.
Tips about hair extension dyeing:
- All hair extension dyeing needs to be dyed from light to dark.
- If you are a beginner in dyeing hair, please ask a professional hair dyer to dye your hair.
- Before dyeing your hair, please pre-wash your hair with alcohol-free and sulfate-free shampoo (without the words “SLS, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Alcohol Denat, Ethanol, SD Alcohol 40, Propanol, Isopropyl, and Propyl.”).
- Using small pieces of hair extension for trial dyeing before large-scale hair dyeing,
Here’re the customers who had Luxy hair extensions dyed:
Q&A – Seamless Hair Extensions
What’s the difference between seamless hair extension and classic collections?
Q&A – Daily Maintenance
How long do hair extensions last?
It’s about 3-6 months. It all depends on how much you care for it.
For example, frequent heating or washing hair extension will reduce its lifespan. And the correct use and care of hair extension can effectively extend its life.
Any tips for storing hair extensions?
It’s just fine to store it in a cool, dry place such as in your drawer or closet. In addition, don’t forget to keep the hair extensions dry before storing them to prevent mold and bacteria growth.
It is a good habit to brush the hair extension with a comb before storing,
How to brush your hair extensions?
Here’s the video from Luxy about brushing hair extension:
Any tips for preventing tangling?
Since the outer surface of real human hair is not smooth, tangling will happen after we wear it.
Three ways to prevent hair tangling:
In addition to combing and curing to prevent knotting of hair extensions, we can also make a ponytail when the weather is very dry.
How often should I wash my hair extensions?
Clean it once a month. It should be noted that frequent cleaning will reduce the life of the hair extension. It’s time to wash your extensions when you feel like they’re becoming increasingly difficult to style.
How to properly blow dry hair extensions？
- If you are not in a hurry to wear hair extensions, the best way is to place them under a dry towel and let them dry naturally.
- If you need to dry your hair and wear it immediately after washing your hair extension, please make sure to do it in a cool environment.
- To prevent damage to the hair, try to avoid combing hair extensions that are not completely dry.
How to restore treatment?
Luxy officials have not given a repair method for the time being. It is generally believed that using olive oil or coconut oil soaking can effectively restore the vitality of hair extensions. Here are the steps:
- Prepare dry hair extensions to be repaired, pure and tasteless coconut oil or olive oil, containers for hair extensions, plastic bags, and dry towels.
- Put the oil in a bowl and heat it up in a microwave oven to warm. It takes about a minute.
- Pour hair extensions in the container with oil to cover them evenly.
- Put the hair extension into a plastic bag and wait for 1 hour.
- Rinse hair extension gently, add some leave-in conditioner.
- Finally, the hair extension is placed on a dry towel to dry overnight.