Hair products may be one of the hottest products in the beauty industry. Because of the convenience of international transportation and the huge cost difference of raw materials for hair products between countries, more and more companies or individuals are investing in this industry.
This article summarizes all feasible methods on the Internet to find professional hair product suppliers (especially virgin hair extensions). And it’s super suitable for hair products vendors (or someone who wants to be) to read.
01 – Google Keywords Searching
It’s easy to search hair extension suppliers by google searching.
The keywords can be:
- “hair extension suppliers in …”
- “hair extension factory in …”
- “hair extension manufacturers in …”
- “bulk hair extension in …”
- “hair extension wholesalers in …”
02 – Google Maps Searching
Google maps is also an excellent tool to find hair extension suppliers. We can find the suppliers’ addresses and strengths by using the “street view” function.
03 – Google Images Searching
Hair extension suppliers usually show lots of hair extention photos on their websites. We can search these photos by keywords or uploading images.
04 – Other Local Search Engines
Sometimes some local search engines (such as baidu.com in China, yandex.com in Russia.) do even better than Google.
For example, we can easily find many good Chinese eyelash vendors by searching “假发厂家” on baidu.com.
By B2B Platform
Let’s take Alibaba.com as an example.
There’re two ways to find & contact with the suppliers:
- Searching on the platform. – You can find the suppliers list according to search the keywords such as “human hair extension”.
- Submit a Purchasing Request (RFQ). After the request is done, you can continue to receive information from suppliers in the next few days.
I prefer to searching cause it’s more proactive and efficient. Now let’s check it.
PS: I have introduced how to use alibaba.com to search the suppliers before on the previous post “The Quick Guide to Finding Eyelash Vendors for Own Business“. It’s totally the same and now I just use the Tutorial pictures on that post.
Step 01 – Search Keyword
After searching the keyword “hair extension” on alibaba.com, we’ll get a product list page ( about 45 products).
Step 02 – Avoid Advertising Products
It’s necessary to ignore the advertising product to find the good suppliers.
The advertising product usually is with a label on the right like this:
Step 03 – Choose the Good Hair Extension Suppliers with the icons
There’re many icons on each product. Some icons can help us.
Here’re the details: (also take eyelashes products for example)
1. Product Label – Useless. This label can be edited by vendors.
2. Customs Data – Useless. Sellers wouldn’t have this label if they don’t like to display their data.
3. Company Name – Useful. We can find vendors’ websites by clicking this link — on the “contacts” page. ( click to see how to find )
4. Member Age – Useful. It’s reasonless to purchase from 1-years-member vendors.
5. Verified Label – Useless. It’s a paid service on alibaba.com. The certification company just takes some photos of vendors’ offices & business licenses.
6. Trade Assurance – Useful. Make sure the “Supplier’s Trade Assurance Limit” (you’ll find it when you put the mouse on the little yellow crown icon) is enough to secure our payment.
7. Vendors’ Response Rate – Useless. Most of the response rate is more than 95%. This is just an indicator to evaluate suppliers.
8. Sales on alibaba.com – Useful. This label shows vendors’ sales on alibaba.com.
9. Supplier Service Stars – Useless. It’s proportional to the cost of the suppliers.
10. Feedback – Useless already. For better rank on alibaba.com, there’re more and more suppliers begin to pay for fake feedbacks.
By Social Media Searches
Social media searches include searching for business member pages or accounts on various platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and others.
Facebook ranks as the most popular social platform, and it is used frequently for B2B promotions. You can search for the appropriate keyword phrase or join dedicated groups interested in hair extensions to get recommendations from members. Another popular method of researching hair extension wholesalers is finding a group or a key influencer, both of whom may have tested some of the hair extension brands. These groups or individuals may be willing to share or sell the information they’ve discovered.
Instagram is searchable for similar keyword phrases — such as synthetic hair extension manufacturers in the United States. The return list will show up in a drop-down box, where you can connect with the vendor’s Instagram page. YouTube works in much the same way, but you have the added benefit of getting relevant videos that can demonstrate hair extensions more effectively than words or photos. LinkedIn is also searchable, and because of the platform’s business slant, it’s easy to find wholesalers, distributors, and B2B companies.
The same search strategies work for other social platforms like Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and others, but the previous four platforms are probably your best bets. You can track hair extension brands and styles through the pins on Pinterest, but it might take some time.